Blood-brain barrier platform
The Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB) serves as a critical biological interface, regulating the passage of substances between the bloodstream and the brain. Understanding its intricacies is vital for the development of effective treatments for neurological disorders.
Traditional animal models have limitations in mimicking human physiology, making it challenging to study the BBB’s role in disease states and drug permeability.
The Solution: QV1200
- Human-Relevant Modelling: Accurately mimics human physiology, incorporating all key human cell types and separate tissue compartments.
- Dynamic Fluid Flow: Controllable dynamic apical and basolateral fluid flow channels for a more realistic simulation of human physiology.
- Ease of Use: Minimal training required, enabling a comprehensive multi-parametric downstream analysis.
- Two separate compartments are set up utilising a Millicell standing insert and Quasi Vivo® QV1200 dual flow platform.
- Vascular Apical compartment: dynamic fluid flow set up with human brain endothelial cells.
- Abluminal basolateral compartment: dynamic fluid flow set up with human astrocytes and human pericytes.
- Measurement endpoints
- Barrier integrity: kinetic analyses via Transepithelial electric resistance (TEER) and permeability assay using Dextran dye
- Viability: LDH assay, MTT assay
- Immunohistochemistry for Tight junction proteins
Why should you choose QV1200 for BBB Research?
Evaluate drugs for their BBB permeability with accuracy.
Suitable for investigating the effects of disease states on the BBB, including brain cancer and neurodegenerative disorders.
Streamline your research process with our easy-to-use system, avoiding the pitfalls of complex and difficult-to-handle models.
Take Your Research Further
Discover how QV1200 can elevate your BBB studies, providing you with the tools to develop more effective therapeutic solutions.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
For all the latest from us, including interesting research videos and more, please subscribe to our newsletter below.
Address: Kirkstall, Ltd York House,
Outgang Lane, York
North Yorkshire, YO19 5UP
Phone: + 44 (0) 1709 361 241
Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (UK Time)