An introduction to both theory and practice of advanced cell culture techniques through a combination of lectures, demonstrations and practical hands-on experience.
The 1 day workshop combines hands-on training with seminar sessions to ensure participants have all the necessary skills and knowledge to commence work using 3D and flow conditions for either academic or commercial research.
To date, Kirkstall have delivered training workshops to over 600 academic and industry researchers worldwide and in 2016 won the Lush Prize for training.
- An overview of new developments in advanced cell culture
- The advantages and challenges of 3D cultures, scaffolds & flow
- A review of commercially available systems
- Choosing a suitable pumping system and setting it up
- Introduction to the physics of flow and the biology of flow stress
- Preparation of cells for flow conditions
- Setting up the Quasi-Vivo® system and running flow experiments
- Applications enabled by 3D, flow & co-culture
- Maintaining aseptic conditions and avoiding contamination
- Monitoring cell growth and end point assays
- Practical flow experiments & performance of viability assays
- Comprehensive training in all skills needed to use the Quasi Vivo® system.
- A mix of both hands-on experience and background theory promotes all round understanding.
- A low trainee to instructor ratio, providing a more personal experience.
- Dedicated staff able to provide continuing assistance to Quasi Vivo® users.
- Researchers with experience in static cell culture should be easily able to transfer their protocols into a flow system.
Those delegates who have had prior experience of cell culture under static conditions (e.g. in 24 well plates) will be competent to set up and use the Quasi Vivo® system.
If you are interested in our training, please get in touch via the contact form below!
Quasi Vivo®, used in 100+ labs worldwide, getting started is easy and cost effective!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
For all the latest from us, including interesting research videos and more, please subscribe to our newsletter below.
Address: Kirkstall, Ltd York House,
Outgang Lane, York
North Yorkshire, YO19 5UP
Phone: + 44 (0) 1709 361 241
Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (UK Time)