QUASI VIVO® WORKSHOP – CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
Thursday 24th May 2018
We are delighted to announce that registration is now open for our next Quasi Vivo® training workshop which will be held in Cardiff.
The 1 day workshop combines hands-on training with seminar sessions to ensure participants have all the necessary skills and knowledge to commence work using 3D and flow conditions for either academic or commercial research.
We will be working in conjunction with Quasi Vivo® users at the university to deliver this informative, training session which will develop all the relevant knowledge and skills you will need to get started with using Quasi Vivo® for your research.
Attendees receive 20% discount on their 1st Quasi Vivo® kit purchase
|10:30 - 10:45||Introductions|
|10:45 - 11:15||Lecture 1: Introduction to Flow Systems using Quasi Vivo®|
|11:15 - 11:45||Lecture 2: Choosing and Calibrating a Pump|
|12:00 - 12:45||Lunch|
|12:45 - 13:45||Lecture 3: Trends in Advanced Cell Culture|
|13:45 - 14:30||Demonstration and Assemble yourselves QV500/600/900|
|14:30 - 15:00||Coffee Break + Discussion + Troubleshooting|
|15:00 - 16:00||Lecture 4: Applications of Quasi Vivo® with talk by QV user|
|16:00 - 16:30||Design an Experimental Plan/Feedback Forms|
The courses provide both lectures and practical work on the following topics:
- An overview of new developments in advanced cell culture
- The advantages and challenges of 3D cultures, scaffolds & flow
- A review of commercially available systems
- Choosing a suitable pumping system and setting it up
- Introduction to the physics of flow and the biology of flow stress
- Preparation of cells for flow conditions
- Setting up the Quasi-Vivo® system and running flow experiments
- Applications enabled by 3D, flow & co-culture
- Maintaining aseptic conditions and avoiding contamination
- Monitoring cell growth and end point assays
- Practical flow experiments & performance of viability assays
- Comprehensive training in all skills needed to use the Quasi Vivo® system.
- A mix of both hands-on experience and background theory promotes all round understanding.
- A low trainee to instructor ratio, providing a more personal experience.
- Dedicated staff able to provide continuing assistance to Quasi Vivo® users.
- Researchers with experience in static cell culture should be easily able to transfer their protocols into a flow system.
At the end of the course delegates will have received a grounding in both theory and practice that will enable them to plan and set up their own cell culture experiments using a flow system.
Those delegates who have had prior experience of cell culture under static conditions (e.g. in 24 well plates) will be competent to set up and use the Quasi Vivo® system.
ACTC 2018 attendees receive 30% discount on Quasi Vivo® workshop registration
The cost of this training workshop is £185 per person (lunch and refreshments are included, attendees receive 20% discount on their 1st Quasi Vivo® kit purchase).
Please get in touch via the form below with any questions about the upcoming workshop!
Quasi Vivo®, commercially available and used in 70+ labs worldwide, getting started is easy and cost effective!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
For all the latest from us, including interesting research videos and more, please subscribe to our newsletter below.
Address: Kirkstall, Ltd York House,
Outgang Lane, York
North Yorkshire, YO19 5UP
Phone: + 44 (0) 1709 361 241
Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (UK Time)